Pre-Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Specialist and Advisor
Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
A unique program that combines two disciplines into one degree.
The Nutrition and Exercise Physiology program at WSU is a 2-plus-2 program and is designed for students who seek a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology.
+What is a 2+2 program?
Admission requirements for WSU NEP program:
- BS NEP Application packet due March 1st for following Fall semester start
- Applicants must be at junior standing (60 semester credits)
- Cumulative and NEP prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum grade of C in each prerequisite course
- 3 letters of recommendation: 2 from instructors and 1 from an employer or volunteer supervisor
- Experience/volunteer/community service related to nutrition and/or exercise physiology is required to be admitted to and be certified into the NEP program. No required amount is set but enough to establish a good understanding of the field.
- Personal Statement: 1 to 2-page essay describing your reasons for choosing and your preparation for the field.
- Junior Writing Portfolio can be completed within your 1st year of the Spokane NEP program (required after having 60 credits)
- An in-person interview may be offered to candidates in March who do not meet all of the GPA and/or course requirements, but whose experience, recommendations, or other circumstances suggest they could be successful in the BS NEP program.
U.S. Dept. of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook
The profiles featured here cover hundreds of occupations and describe what they do, work environment, how to become one, pay, and more. Each profile also includes Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) employment projections for the 2012–22 decade.
American Nutrition Association
This 40-year old non-profit organization is ‘a community where Professionals, Individuals, and Organizations can interact to promote optimal health through nutrition and wellness education.’
Day in the Life: Dietitian
A short but informative YouTube video that explains what a typical day in the career life of a dietitian is like.
Dietitian or Nutritionist – Whats the Difference?
This resource from About.com explains why dieticians are considered to be nutritionists, but not all nutritionists are dietitians.
What Does an Exercise Physiologist Do?
This website describes the profession, training, working conditions and salary range of exercise physiologists. This site also provides links to multiple related articles.